Louisiana Department of Education
Parent and Family Engagement Statewide Survey
The Family Engagement Survey is an online survey designed to inform school systems and building leaders about their success at engaging parents in the education of their children. The survey is designed to be completed by every student’s parents/guardians.
The Family Engagement Survey:
∙ Evaluates the engagement of parents/guardians within five separate domains.
· Do staff members create a welcoming environment for parents?
· Do staff members collaborate with parents in supporting student learning?
· Do staff members practice effective communication with parents regarding their children’s education?
· Do staff members practice sharing power and advocacy with parents regarding their children’s education?
· Do staff members facilitate community involvement?
When used in conjunction with other data, the Family Engagement Survey provides administrators and educators the opportunity to recognize strengths in their family engagement practices and create strategies for improvement. Remember, individual responses are confidential.
The Parent and Family Engagement Survey consists of 34 items. The survey is
designed to be completed by all parents only once per district.
If the parent/guardian have children in multiple schools, but they attend schools in the same district, they should only complete 1 survey for the district. However, if parents have children attending multiple schools in the same district, but their opinions on the statement vary per school, parents should select the “inconsistent between schools” option.
Survey Links: LDOE 2021 Parent and Family Engagement Survey
· English: https://forms.gle/BoWvTYQEEhaUwwx37
· Spanish: https://forms.gle/cFpygjpq1c1TZyNe6
· Chinese: https://forms.gle/3yLyQAsk7gZWuohs8
· Vietnamese: https://forms.gle/2T2Kv9QKAVi5KpNP7